A Permanent Solution To Improve Your Smile
A healthy smile should last a lifetime, but sometimes that smile needs a little help. For numerous reasons, people find themselves missing a tooth (or teeth). Not only can a missing tooth lead to embarrassment, it can also lead to long-term health issues. Fortunately, there are procedures, such as dental implants, that can bring back that beautiful smile for good.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a high-tech replacement tooth that mimics the whole tooth structure. It is the replacement option that is closest to being like your natural teeth. An implant is made of a post that is surgically placed into the bone and acts like a replacement root. Then, a natural-looking crown is mounted on the post to mimic the visible part of a natural tooth. Implants can be used when replacing one tooth or for a whole mouthful of teeth.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants can have a dramatically positive effect on a patient’s life. Unlike other dental procedures that can be considered temporary, an implant replaces the tooth root, not just the crown. The bone bonds to the implant and creates a solid foundation. The implant is permanent and, with proper care and treatment, is designed to last a lifetime.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants have a wide range of benefits that many other tooth replacement options are lacking:
- Improve chewing ability – a dental implant attaches to the root, making chewing and biting easier. Patients can enjoy their favorite foods once again.
- Improved appearance – an implant looks and feels like a normal tooth, so your grin will remain the same
- Keep surrounding teeth healthy – the teeth around the missing tooth won’t shift or suffer
- Easy to care for – implants are permanent and require the same care as your normal teeth (brushing, flossing, and maintenance from a dentist)
- Improve long-term health – dental implants reduce the risk of periodontal disease and other oral infections and keep the jawbone healthy
If you are considering implants, please call our office for an appointment to discuss how implants can help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile. We are located in Denton, MD and look forward to hearing from you soon.